Thanksgiving itself. I don't live in the US, wasn't born in the US, and have only visited the US occasionally, but I'm still thankful for it: The lull in blog activity has enabled me to catch up in reader for the first time in over a month.Bloog, a blog platform written for App Engine. Before doing so, though, I made some fairly significant changes and improvements, including:
- A Serendipity uploader script (so I can import my old articles).
- (Limited) unit-testing.
- A bunch of improvements suggested by Matteo Crippa, including:
- Gravatar support.
- SEO improvements.
- Sitemap support.
- Theme inheritance, so new themes can be defined that make only minor modifications to existing ones, without needing to copy the entire theme.
- Support for FirePython logging when logged in as an administrator.
- Improvements to how comments and posts are stored and retrieved.
- The option to use a Google Custom Search Engine instead of the built-in search.
- Many code cleanups and minor bugfixes.
All my work is available in my own Github branch here. It has several branches; 'master' contains non-breaking changes from the original Bloog, 'breaking' consists of master plus any changes that are likely to break backwards compatibility or require running an upgrade script. 'matteocrippa.it' contains ...